2016-17 ALBERTA CLIMBING ASSOCIATION YOUTH SERIES RULES
- The Series
- The Alberta Climbing Association (ACA) operates a separate Bouldering and Difficulty (Top Rope/Lead) Series. At the conclusion of each Series, awards will be presented in each age category based on overall results, with the winner in each category receiving the Alberta Youth Cup.
- The events comprising each Series are identified on the ACA website.
- Competitors must purchase an ACA membership to become a Series member, to have their points tracked, and to be eligible for end-of-season awards, including the Alberta Youth Cups. Please note that only National members are eligible to qualify for the Youth National Championships.
- Series Eligibility
- Series members must be annual members of the ACA.
- Participation in Series Events by Non-Members
- Subject to space limitations, non-ACA members are welcome to participate in any Series event provided that they pay a $5 daily membership fee. However, daily members will not have their points tracked, are not eligible for end of season awards and are not eligible to qualify for the Youth National Championships.
- Members of other Provincial Sport Organizations or National Federations recognized by Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) are welcome to participate in all Series events without the requirement of paying a $5 daily membership fee. However, their points will not be tracked within the Series and they are not eligible for end of season awards.
- Series points will be awarded only to Series members, after excluding the results of Non-Series members.
- Out of Province Results
- While ACA members are welcome to participate in out of Province competitions, the results from those competitions will not be counted toward Series ranking.
- Bouldering for Youth A/Junior Athletes
- In Bouldering events, athletes in the Youth A and Junior categories are required to climb during Open qualifiers. Based on their overall placement within the Open category, these athletes are eligible to qualify for Open Finals. For the purposes of the Series, Open qualifier results will be utilized to determine results within the Youth A and Junior categories for that event.
- Series Rankings
- In the Bouldering Series, members will be ranked within their age categories based on each member’s top three (3) Series local results, combined with the results from the Provincial Championships.
- In the Difficulty Series, members will be ranked within their age categories based on each member’s top two (2) Series local results, combined with the results from the Provincial Championships.
- Series members must compete during the scheduled time for their category in order to be awarded series points.
- In the event of ties between Series members following the Provincial Championships, the member who placed higher at the Provincial Championships shall place higher in the Series rankings.
- Provincial Championships Advancement Quotas
- The following advancement quotas will be utilized for the ACA Provincial Championships in each discipline:
# of Competitors in Qualifier
# advancing to Semi-Finals (if included)
# advancing to Finals
14 to 18
9 to 13
Less than 9
- Series Points System
- Youth National Championships
- Series results shall be used to determine which National members qualify for the Youth National Championships in each discipline in accordance with the quotas established by the CEC.
- Publishing of Results
- Series results and rankings will be posted on the ACA website on a regular basis throughout the season. Appeals regarding scoring must be made during competitions within stated appeal guidelines. Appeals regarding clerical errors published on the website must be made in writing to the ACA Board at least three (3) days prior to the close of registration for the ACA Provincial Championships in the relevant discipline.
- Refund Policy
- Where host gyms have collected registration fees from ACA members, the applicable refund policies of each host gym shall apply. In circumstances where the ACA has directly collected either competition registration fees or membership fees from ACA members, the ACA Board shall have the full discretion to consider each request on its merits.
- Interpretation of Series Rules
- The Board of the ACA retains the sole authority to interpret Series Rules, as required.