The Alberta Climbing Association (ACA) is the Provincial Sports Organization (PSO) for competitive climbing in Alberta and Saskatchewan. The ACA is a volunteer organization managed by an elected Board of Directors consisting of seven members. The key functions of the ACA are:
- Promoting and governing the sport of competitive climbing in Alberta and Saskatchewan;
- Setting the competition climbing calendar for youth and adults in Alberta and Saskatchewan;
- Hosting, promoting, organizing, and sanctioning climbing competitions in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Specific ACA objectives can be found here.
Our National Sports Organization (NSO) is Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) and is made up of one representative from each of Canada’s 4 PSOs as well as one from the Alpine Club of Canada (ACC). Canada’s 4 PSOs are:
- Sport Climbing British Columbia (SCBC)
- Alberta Climbing Association (ACA)
- Ontario Climbing Federation (OCF)
- Federation quebecoise de la montagne et de l’escalade (FQME)
The CEC is recognized as climbing’s NSO by Sport Canada, the international Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) and the Canada Olympic Committee (COC).
For more information about the CEC, please visit the CEC website at www.climbingcanada.ca/